donderdag 14 augustus 2008

n to the h presents: lazy person's guide to briefing volume I

Basically all briefs can be boiled down into achieving two goals:

business goal and comms goal.

On the business goal side it's about one of three ( or a mix of the three):

  1. get new customers
  2. retain current customers
  3. get more out of current customers

On the comms goal side it's about one of two:

  1. create a "I knew there was a reason I liked his product/company/etc" reaction
  2. create a "I never thought of it that way, that's interesting"reaction

Of course multiple business goals are mixed with the two comms goals. Like getting more out of current customers could need a "I never tought of it like that"reaction, etc..

The supporting evidence to help your agency along is:

  1. new feature
  2. new product
  3. old product
  4. old feature
  5. mental position in relation to current culture

So there you have it.. the lazy person's guide to briefing.

Geen opmerkingen: